Dear Breakthru Family,
We hope you and all you love continue to remain healthy and safe. The past few weeks have marked a period of unprecedented, challenging times for all of us, as we, as a community, deal with dramatic lifestyle adjustments and new ways to go about our daily activities.
As part of our ongoing efforts to communicate with our patients during this critical time period, we wanted to share several updates since our last correspondence.
Per Governor Murphy’s Executive Order on March 21st, Physical Therapy remains an “essential service” permitted to remain open to serve our patients in need. The American Physical Therapy Association has taken the position of knowing that Physical Therapists play a crucial role in the health of our society and keeping people healthy; and thus have a special responsibility to maintain a normal work schedule while adopting recommended CDC guidelines.
During this time, our focus is on maximizing the health and safety of our patients by providing care through a number of different options while also adopting CDC-guided, best practice screening methods, exposure protection, sanitation and social distancing standards throughout our facilities.
On-Site Facility Care:
- We have established a core group of providers made up of our team’s Partners and Facility Managers who will remain on-site at several of our facilities.
- Currently, our Medford Taunton Forge and Voorhees facilities remain open
- Our Marlton facility is set to re-open on May 18th.
- We are preparing to open our Mt. Laurel facility at its new location (Jersey Wahoos-see below) in the coming weeks.
- Our Medford Fitness facility remains closed at this time and will re-open based on government mandates pertaining to gyms and fitness centers.
- We will be reaching out by phone in the coming weeks to all active patients currently on hold to notify them of our reopening.
- We are fully operational in offering and serving our patients with Telehealth visits.
- Recently Medicare passed a final ruling ensuring that all Telehealth visits for Physical Therapy would be covered for Medicare Beneficiaries.
- If on-site care is not an option for you or a loved one, please call us to learn about receiving Telehealth physical therapy from the comfort of your own home.
- We are assessing the needs and demand for Home-based Physical Therapy Services. please fill out the survey below to help us assess your needs!
Breakthru has adopted best practice standards outlined below to ensure the utmost safety for our patients and our team members:
- We are screening for COVID-related symptoms as well as risks of exposure on a daily basis
- All Breakthru team members are screened at the start of shift. Should we assess any risk, the employee will be sent home.
- All patients are screened prior to each clinic visit. Should we assess any risk, the patient’s appointment will be rescheduled.
Personal Protective Equipment
- All staff are wearing masks at all times during work shift
- Therapists are adding additional protective equipment with any direct patient contact
- All patients (and escorts) are required to wear a mask while in the facility
- If a patient does not have a mask or face covering, we are providing one.
- We are ensuring that all equipment and therapeutic areas are being disinfected after each use and between patients.
- All high touch surfaces, common areas, entry and exit doors are being disinfected at least once every hour.
- We have enhanced our employee’s hand washing policy.
- We have enhanced the frequency of our professional cleaning services which perform full-facility cleaning during off-hours.
- We are encouraging all patients to bring their own water, as all community water fountain use will be temporarily off-limits.
- We are utilizing all of our facilities so that each patient is being provided their own treatment area to ensure patients remain > 6 feet apart.
- We are asking that only patients enter our facility and are prohibiting visitors except for patients who are minors, elderly, handicapped, or have necessary conditions that warrant assistance.
- We are staggering all staff schedules and spreading out the scheduling of all patients to ensure patients remain > 6 feet apart throughout their session.
Thank you for your continued trust! We are here for you and taking all measures to ensure a safe environment during your treatment and upon your return!
If you would like to be placed on our Priority Wait List in preparation of the reopening of our facilities or have urgent physical therapy related matters, please click here.
We look forward to continuing to serve you and will share additional updates as we progress forward. Please do not hesitate to contact us at 856-396-2250 if we can be of further assistance.
IN CASE YOU MISSED THIS!!