Physical TherapistEmail: firstname.lastname@example.orgINTERNET
Although new to Breakthru, I have been a practicing Physical Therapist for over twenty-five years. As a military spouse, the many relocations with my family have given me the opportunity to work in numerous clinical settings across the country as well as the privilege of helping countless individuals work towards their goals of improving function and quality of life. My areas of interest and advanced training include sports and orthopedic injuries, spine injuries, vestibular and balance disorders, as well as post-concussion rehabilitation.
Qualifications: I received my BA in Human Biology from Scripps College, Claremont Colleges, CA and my BS in Physical Therapy from CSU Long Beach, CA. I attended University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences, FL for advanced training in manual therapy techniques under the direction of Stanley Paris, as well as courses in pharmacology, diagnostic imaging and differential diagnostics. In addition I have received Certifications in Graston IASTM, Impact concussion management, Vestibular Rehabilitation, Strength training specialist, and have been a Certified Advanced Power Pilates Instructor for over 10 years. Additional studies have included cardio-pulmonary rehabilitation, Kinesiotaping, muscle energy, Yoga, running analysis, as well as Blood flow restriction.
- Born: Queens, NY
- Currently Resides: Moorestown, NJ
Jill’s Fun Facts:
- Favorite Food: seafood, chocolate peanut butter smoothies, green tea lattes
- Dessert (yes please!): Cappuccino with a side of Cannoli’s, bread pudding with apples, or anything chocolate/peanut butter
- Favorite Foreign Country/City visited: Brugge, Belgium
- Movies: Chick Flick: Pride and Prejudice; Action/Drama: The Gladiator “DO I NOT ENTERTAIN YOU?!” Family: Harry Potter
- TV Show(s): Vikings, Game of Thrones
- Favorite Saying/words to live by: “Anything worth doing is worth doing well”, “Courage is not the absence of fear but the willingness to act in spite of fear, Be Courageous!”, “movement heals, so use it or lose it!”
- Favorite Vacations: Family vacay’s skiing in Colorado, hiking in Maine, swimming in Mallorca, scuba in The Key’s
- Music: All genres, favorite band: Queen
- Hobbies: Figure skating, I train several days a week and am working towards my Adult Silver Freestyle and Moves in the Field tests; Running, I have completed numerous half and full marathons, skiing, Pilates, Yoga, traveling with my family