Developing our physical strength along with mental confidence goes a long way to keeping our bodies healthy. So many of us overlook the rest we need and the healthy foods our bodies need to fuel our days. When we take a few moments to learn the best ways to care for ourselves, we often take better care of others, too.
So in honor of a healthier you, check out these 5 tips to help you celebrate your body, mind, and well-being––and get the journey to a stronger you started!
- Take time for yourself. If possible, find some quiet time away from any distractions. Do something you love to do, be it shopping, reading a good book, coffee with a good friend, or simply watching a favorite movie.
- Surround yourself with positivity. Find some positive quotes that speak to you and read them often. It’s amazing how a happy perspective can change your mood.
- Exercise. Sometimes it’s the last thing we want to do, but exercise truly has medicinal properties! Getting more exercise doesn’t have to be a hard-core sweat session. A brisk 15-30 minute walk a day is enough to improve cardiovascular health, mood, and sleep. Strengthening muscles is also important and can help with aches and pains or joint issues. If you haven’t exercised in a long time or have health issues, make sure to consult a doctor before beginning an exercise regimen.
- Eat well. Make sure you’re getting ample fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and lean protein while trying to limit processed food. Our bodies function so much better (and we feel better) when we feed it clean, healthy food!
- Practice mindfulness. There are plenty of free apps that offer guided meditation, inspirational quotes, soothing sounds, or breathing exercises. Find a few that work for you and use them! Some suggestions are the Mindful, HelloMind, Mindfulness, and Stress Relief apps.